Words by John Chin
An award-winning cruise charter operator has up the ante with another winner that will jolt the cruise yachting sector in Langkawi.
Tropical Charters Sdn Bhd (TC), which bagged the biennial Langkawi International Tourism Awards 2015 as the Best Boat Operator, has unveiled its latest attraction – the Dabayada, a fast luxury yacht.
The latest yacht complements the fleet of boats at its disposal to provide for the luxury travel market that reflects a growing need for tailor-made packages for the discerning and those willing to splurge when vacationing.
Dabayada is an exotic name that will add to the raft of vessels to roam Langkawi, an archipelago of 99 islands, says TC owner Datuk Isaac Alexander.
Alex – in short – is a pioneer that has carved a fair share of the cruising sector operating the popular sunset cruise on board the catamaran Seasation and enhanced the island’s connectivity with running ferry service from Langkawi to Koh Lipe, Thailand.
In a span of eight years, the company has grown its fleet from one to eight cruise boats providing private charter for business outing, wedding, and birthday, day and sunset cruise and island hopping.
It is a only licensed and insured chartered boating company in Langkawi.
Alexander has embraced eco-friendly practices to do his part to protect the UNESCO Global Geopark status that was accorded to Langkawi since 2007.
At his One – Stop Tourist Centre along Pantai Tengah, visitors can inquire about a range of tourism products and services available in Langkawi.
The Dabayada will set sail on demand or private charter and the cruise packages be it day and evening cruises are tailored to what customers required.
At Tropical Charters, the mantra is to meet the needs of the tourists, as Alex himself put it; “we aim to provide what our guests want, from affordable cruises to high end ones; we will get it done.”
- It currently has eight boats in the water:
– Seasation, a twin-decked catamaran that can carry up to 65 people, is known as the Langkawi Island Paradise Party Boat
– Warisan Duyong, a resplendently traditional Malay style broad brim boat built in Terengganu, has three cabins and able to house up to six people for overnight charters
– Suka Suka, a 22-meter long Scorpio 72 sailing yacht, is for those who appreciate the finer things in life. She has four air-conditioned private staterooms for overnight charters and a 5-star chef aboard. She can accommodate up to 20 people on board at any time.
– SY Teraju, accommodates up to 10 people for day charters and 6 people for overnight charters, and is only available for private charters
– SY Valtair, one of Tropical Charters’ smaller yachts is available only for private charter and can accommodate up to 10 people for day charters and 6 people for overnight charters
– Alexandra, an Australian built Fast Lane 32, a 500HP luxury speed monster that spells exhilaration in your veins, moving up to 100kmph, and can ferry up to six people on board
– Moon Dancer, a traditional style speedboat, perfect for island hopping
– Dabayada, a speedboat with luxurious amenities, available for private charter
- Its mainstays are the Day Cruises which run from 10am to 4pm daily and the Sunset Cruises from 5pm to 8pm
- Malaysians only made up 7% of Tropical Charters’ guests in 2008, but that number has now risen to 42% as Malaysians become increasingly adventurous over the years.
TROPICAL CHARTERS SDN BHD (855337-U)
Licensed Travel Agent KPL/6570
Kedai No. 3, Kampung Tasik Anak, Jalan Telok Baru,
Pantai Tengah 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
Reservations : 24 Hrs Hotline: +6012-316 5466